Dear Church Family,
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
Here are the basics of our reopening:
FBC will offer 3 services, with attendance at each limited to 70 people in the sanctuary.
Service schedule is:
**Saturday 6:30pm Nursery care available
**Sunday 8:00am reserved for our higher risk individuals no childcare
**Sunday 9:45am Childcare, pre-school, and Kid’s Connect through 5th grade
Please reserve your spots by calling 970-522-9002 on Tuesday or Wednesday from 9:30 till 3:00. After hours calls will be set up in the next available space and time.
**if we have a greater need we will add a 3rd service to Sunday morning. **
Masks: Wearing masks is not required although encouraged. If you would like to wear a mask, feel free to do so. We leave this decision up to you..
Before you come:
• If you are experiencing, or have in the last 14 days, any symptoms of COVID-19 such as high fever, dry cough, loss of smell and taste, sore throat, muscle pain, or chills, please remain home and watch the livestream.
• If you have high risk factors such as chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, immunocompromised, heart conditions, or over 65 years old, seriously consider the 8am service or remaining at home and watching the livestream.
• If you have been recently and knowingly exposed to COVID-19 through social contact, please strongly consider remaining home and watching the livestream.
When You Arrive:
• Both entry doors will be propped open so you can have a “touchless entry” and so that we do not have a bottleneck in one entrance.
• Maintain social distance (6ft of space between your family/household and others) on your way into the church facility.
• The Greeters will help instruct you on the new social distancing protocols
• If you arrive early, please consider sitting toward the front as to allow for ease of late arrivals
While You are Here:
• Practice social distancing with those not of your immediate family/household.
• Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, nose, and face.
• Avoid touching surfaces. Please note, all surfaces will be cleaned/sanitized before and after each service.
• Out of respect for those who may not want physical contact right away, please try to refrain from shaking hands, hugging, etc with those not of your immediate family/household.
• Respect the myriad of personal opinions about COVID-19 represented in our congregation. As Christians, we should allow for Christian liberty of conscience on secondary issues and preferences.
• If you must cough, please cough into your sleeve or a tissue.
When You Depart:
• Check the area around you to make sure you have all of your belongings.
• When the service is over, please exit promptly while maintaining social distance of six feet. You may consider allowing those in the back rows of the sanctuary to leave first if you sit near the front.
• Please do not block exit doors or congregate in groups in the sanctuary or foyer. There may be some who are used to “hanging around” after church to visit in the sanctuary and foyer. Exiting quickly helps maintain social distancing and allows our cleaning team to prepare for the next service.
• If you wish to visit with other church attenders after the service, please do so either on the outside lawn or parking lot.
• Please refrain from gathering in large groups in the foyer.
• If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within a couple of days after our church service, please contact Pastor Mark at 970-580-0028
Thank you for your cooperation and attitude in helping us reopen First Baptist Church as safely as possible.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
Children's & Youth Pastor
Visitation and Shut-in Pastor
CelebrateRecovery & Prayer Pastor
Cell: 303-304-1692 Home: 970-522-7860